Envibum is quite a new diaper brand that I come across few months back from a local retailer here. When I read the story about Envibum, it seems to be started of as a WAHM (Dad, grandparent, and other family includes in this case) just like most of the other diaper brand that I know. You may read more about their story HERE.
Being a self-confessed cloth diaper addicts myself and also curious about the diaper, I have bought the preloved diaper off from the FSOT in a local diaperswapper forum here. According to the mama, she have bought the diaper new and she have used it for a few times only. So the diaper that I got is actually in an excellant good used condition.
Envibum is an One Size All-in-One (AIO) diaper with a pocket where you can stuff it with it's absorbency pad to increase the absorbency. The absorbency pad is said to made from 100% cotton fiber for the inner with flannel outer. There is hook and loop on the absorbency pad so that we can actually "attach" it inside the pocket to avoid it moving out of place.
It have a nice fluffy minky outer body but without snap for size adjustment like most common cloth diaper do. And no, they are not a fold-down rise type of diaper either. Envibum diaper is unique as the rise is adjust with the two elastic which is sewn to the front of the diaper.
As for the inner it have unbleached cotton textured which Envibum called it as "absorbency channel". This make it an AIO as the unbleached cotton layer is an absorbent layer itself instead of a wicking layer like other AI2 diapers has.
When I browse thru Envibum website, it seems like it is only available in hook and loop closure style. No snap closure. But then not to worry also as it have laundry tab to reduce lints during washes.
|The laundry tab on the wing of the diaper.|
My Verdict (After around 5 - 10 times of usage)
1. Price & Availability
- The Envibum is listed in a local online store at RM 115 which I think it's quite expensive.
- The cheapest that I have seen thus far is at RM 85 which is during a promotion sometime ago.
- Anyway, I personally still find it's quite expensive for this diaper.
- I found there is actually 3 reseller of Envibum diaper in Malaysia from the Envibum website. They are :-
- There is no snap to adjust the rise or size of the diaper. The rise of the diaper is adjusted with the elastic that is located in front of the diaper. If you prefer higher rise then simply pull the diaper up.
- I like the way how it can be adjust but what I don't like is the rise will sort of shorten abit after that. Just imagine you pull a elastic and when there is nothing to hold the other end it will go back to it's original state.
- My gal can fit on this cloth diaper like a hipster style cloth diaper.
- Not sure is it because she is really a tall girl or is it because the diaper have a short rise.
- The elastic is quite gentle and I don't see red mark on my daughter.
- But my daughter will have a big bum when she is wearing this diaper though.
- Probably due to the fluffiness of the minky outer of the diaper and yes, she does looks cute with the big bums. Hahaha...
- The diaper crotch is rather wide but I don't find it an issue on my gal.
- Am more curiuos to see how it will looks like on a newborn though. (Anyone with newborn who want to try out this diaper?)
|The inner view of the Envibum AIO diaper|
4. Colours/ Prints
- Envibum named the texture as "absorbency channel".
|The pinkish cloth on the right is the table cloth that am talking about.|
Don't you think it looks very similar to the Envibum "absorbency channel"
|This is how the velcro near the pocket opening looks like.|
- Anyway, overall am fine with the diaper EXCEPT for it's absorbency pad.