This is a One Size pocket fitted and there is 2 type of BambooLite CM-TrueFit Fitted – LITE and PREMIUM. Generally both are the same except for the insert/ soaker.
BambooLite CM-TrueFit Fitted LITE comes with the hybrid insert, which are 3 layers of microfiber topped with 1 layer of bamboo velour.
BambooLite CM-TrueFit Fitted PREMIUM on the other hand comes with a bamboo foldover insert (2 layers of bamboo fleece topped with 1 layer of bamboo velour) with a 2 layers bamboo booster. The foldover insert is measuring approximately 76cm x 13cm when it's still new and unwashed.
You’ll have an option to choose on the diaper closure. You may choose between snap and velcro. In the event for diaper with snap closure, there is overlapping snap for the waist. So, I suppose it can fit newborn as well.
Again, there is no printed outer for this fitted. Only solid colours are available. We may choose from the 10 colours that currently available including yellow, blue, red, lavender, ivory, pink, turquoise, lime, chocolate and purple.
Unlike the predecessor diaper by BambooLite, it no longer have the rise snap to adjust the diaper rise and size. It’s now have the adjustable leg elastic with the bra like strap adjustment.
On the other hand, this fitted diaper have a pocket opening at the inner front of the diaper and there’s a snap to hold the insert just like previous version of BambooLite diaper.
I think this is BambooLite signature style to make it’s diaper appear to have All-in-Two (AI2) style. But no. You cannot use BambooLite as AI2 even with it’s PUL diaper. This is because the inner layer is not a wicking fabric like fleece, suedecloth or those athletic wicking fabric. It’s made of absorbent layer. Thus it’s better suit to be label as All-In-One (AIO) than AI2 in this case if it is diaper with waterproof layer like PUL.
My Verdict (After 2 months of usage)
1. Price & Availability
- I personally think it’s reasonable price at RM 80 for this fitted. Can get even cheaper if purchase in a bulk in a group buy.
- We can easily buy it online from BambooLite reseller. The list of BambooLite can be view from here :- BambooLite Retailers
- I bought mine from the below seller. Both of the store owner provide very good customer service :-
- With the bra-like strap adjustable leg elastic, my daughter can fit well with the diaper.
- No incident of leaking thus far and there's no red mark on her thigh as well.
- I think most baby can have a good fit on this diaper especially on the thigh as you may adjust it as accords to the baby thigh even if one of the thigh is chunkier than the other thigh.
- The diaper looks quite trim too considering it have 10 layers and most of the layer is made of heavy bamboo.
- Crotch area of the diaper seems rather wide. But it’s not really an issue when I wear it on my daughter as it is not too stiff that my daughter have to walk with “kaki kangkang”.
- The foldover insert that comes with it are very absorbent.
- After fully prep washed it, it’s slightly a bit stiffer as compared to when it is still new. But this is the nature of bamboo fabric.
- Fitted diaper will requires cover for waterproof and I think babies can go coverless wearing this fitted diaper with the booster if the baby is a small or medium wetter.
- It's a good night fitted for heavy wetter too.
- Please note that since the insert is made of bamboo, it'll need to be prep wash for around 6 - 8 times before it can reach maximum absorbency.
- Like what I have listed above, currently there is only available in 10 solid colour dyed.
- With only solid colours to choose from, it might actually defers some to try on this diaper especially for those who prefer printed diaper.
- Of all the colours, I like blue, chocolate and lime the most.
- The outer of the diaper is made of colour dyed bamboo outer and the inner is natural color bamboo velour. The diaper feel so soft and nice.
- Personally I like how this diaper is constructed as it allow the diaper to have shorter drying time.
- My past experience with BambooLite PUL diaper, BambooLite use bamboo fleece as the inner but now it use bamboo velour for the inner.
- Bamboo velour make the diaper feels luxurious when touch. But sometime the velour feels rough to touch also especially after washed.
- Please note that other diaper with velour (not BambooLite) also the same. I guess it's the nature of the bamboo velour? Or is this due to the detergent that I use to wash the diaper?
- I read from BambooLite tips that we can actually soften the velour a bit after wash by rubbing the velour together I tried this tips before but it don't always work on my diaper.
- For the first few wash, I would recommend to wash the diaper seperately from the rest to avoid possibility that the colour bleeds to other diaper since the diaper outer is colour dyed.
- The foldover insert have a very good absorbency as it's made of heavy bamboo that meets Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 requirements.
- But it it might take a long time to dry also especially during raining season.
- I like the way how we can adjust the leg elastic for this diaper but I find it rather hard to understand on how it works if there isn't any instruction attached to it.
- Now what am wondering is how long can the elastic last before it started to loose it elasticity.